From Flexy to Flexyforce: a brand new chapter (for you and for us!)
Back in 2016, our business – then called Flexy – was founded on an evolution. We were noticing a working world in flux:
A growing number of businesses, desperate for on-demand capacity to meet growth requirements, had started to embrace different job marketplaces like UpWork, to find outsourced, independent workers; and reports about the uprising of the ‘gig economy’ were citing stats that by 2020, 43% of the global workforce would be freelance, as more and more top talent was choosing to work independently and flexibly.
It was clear to us that change was inevitable: very soon, on-demand contingent workforces would be both a necessity and a norm, and businesses would need to adapt in order to attract top talent, and work with them effectively and productively.
Yet, traditional business processes and systems weren’t designed with this future in mind, and both businesses, freelancers, independent contractors and small-to-medium suppliers alike were facing numerous challenges and frustrations when trying to adopt this new way of working:
- Storing and finding independent contractors and flexible workers’ details often results in cumbersome excel spreadsheets and painstaking inbox searches
- Too many platforms to choose from, and a lack of IP retention and loyalty makes the outsourced talent option seem less viable for bigger companies
- Onboarding and Payroll processes are lengthy and complex, requiring multiple layers of stakeholder approvals, and often resulting in disgruntled freelance suppliers
- Finding, booking and onboarding on-demand or contract workers is time-consuming and frustrating
- Payments are usually late, or involve an endless amount of paperwork and administration for both parties involved
Recognising that these complexities were preventing businesses from being able to fully participate in the gig economy and work with flexible workforces at scale, we’ve spent the last 2 years actively working on a solution. Today we’re excited to introduce the evolution of our business and brand as part of that:
Cloud-based software that automates the onboarding, contracting and paying of freelancers, independent contractors and small-to-medium suppliers.
Driven by a mission to bring more flexibility to the workplace, and noticing that these challenges were not going to be solved by building yet another job marketplace, we decided to evolve our software into a system that would increase productivity for both businesses and individuals choosing to work on-demand.
Our software enables enterprises to safely participate in the Gig Economy, leveraging the latest technologies to digitally contract and pay contingent workforces in order to build a sustainable long term flexible talent solution.
We realised we needed a new identity that more accurately reflected the need our software serves to meet: enabling companies to work properly and happily with freelancers, independent contractors and small suppliers as outsourced workforces, by building their very own flexyforce.
What is a Flexyforce you may wonder?
Flexyforce. Noun. (flek-see-faws) Meaning: a flexible workforce
A contingent workforce made up of a variety of independent team members and small-to-medium suppliers, all working flexible hours, for more than one company at a time and often location independent.
From Flexy to Flexyforce: what’s changed for you?
You might have already noticed our logo change, and our domain name change to flexyforce.com, but there are some great new updates to our pricing, product and offerings that you’ll want to know about:
For companies, we now offer a range of simple and affordable monthly subscription packages, which allow you to:
- Get all the tools you need to visualise, manage and grow your own verified pool of freelancers, independent consultants and contract workers
- Automated HR administration such as digitally-enabled onboarding, contracting and paying of freelancers
- Use a real-time booking engine, and track contract and payout statuses from your account
For Freelancers, Independent Contractors & Small-to-Medium Suppliers, we now offer a brand new way of contracting with clients.
When you create a Flexyforce account you can:
- Say goodbye to paper-based, often meaningless quotes and contracts
- Receive bookings and contracts in real-time through our digitally-enabled booking and contracting system
- Get discovered, and join amazing new company Flexyforces
- Get paid on time every time, with automated payouts that happen at the completion of every booking
What’s next at Flexyforce™?
The team of forward-thinking free range humans is continuing on a mission to bring freedom and flexibility to the workplace, by leveraging latest technologies and smart integrations with other awesome workflow automation & work software, like Slack, Trello, Harvest and Xero to name but a few. We’re also working on building an aggregated view for companies that will allow them to integrate and manage all their recruitment agencies and platforms – like Upwork – into one centralised system. Keep up to date with our latest product news and #flexyworking adventures – join our mailing list here.
Flexyforce™ is the new workforce.
Flexyforce™ is South Africa’s first digital onboarding, contracting and payout system for working with freelancers, independent contractors and small-to-medium suppliers.
We look forward to hearing your feedback on our recent changes. If you have any questions, or would just like to say hello, please get in touch!
Delivered with tons of joy from mostly Cape Town, South Africa and a little bit of #flexyworking all over the world.